Welcome to the lush and captivating island of Koh Chang, Thailand, where the rainforests hide an abundance of natural wonders, including a series of breathtaking waterfalls. In this blog post, we invite you to embark on a journey through the island’s pristine landscapes, discovering the enchanting waterfalls that beckon travelers to explore their beauty and serenity.
1. Klong Plu Waterfall:
- Koh Chang’s most famous waterfall, Klong Plu, is a stunning 3-tiered waterfall located in the Klong Prao area. Accessible through a gentle hike, it rewards you with a refreshing natural pool at its base, perfect for swimming. The jungle surroundings add to the enchantment of this waterfall.
2. Than Mayom Waterfall:
- Located in the Than Mayom area, this waterfall is a bit more off the beaten path. It comprises a series of cascades and rock pools, making it a picturesque place to swim and enjoy the tranquility of nature. Don’t forget to explore the nearby fish ponds.
3. Klong Nonsi Waterfall:
- Situated on the southern part of the island, Klong Nonsi is a lesser-known gem. It’s a perfect spot for adventurers seeking a quiet escape. A brief hike through the forest brings you to a small waterfall and a serene atmosphere that’s ideal for relaxation.
4. Klong Jao Leuam Waterfall:
- Tucked away in the remote southeast of Koh Chang, Klong Jao Leuam offers a serene natural experience. A short hike leads to a series of cascading falls, which are particularly impressive during the rainy season. Enjoy a picnic or simply revel in the tranquility.
5. Khiri Phet Waterfall:
- Another hidden gem, Khiri Phet is located on the east coast of Koh Chang. It’s a lesser-known waterfall, so you’re likely to have the place all to yourself. The waterfall consists of a single cascade, and the trail leading to it is a refreshing hike through the jungle.
6. Khlong Nueng Waterfall:
- Nestled on the eastern side of the island, Khlong Nueng is another serene waterfall. It’s a bit of a secret treasure, offering peace and solitude for those who venture to explore its cascades. The untouched surroundings add to its allure.
7. Khlong Chao Waterfall:
- Not to be confused with Klong Plu, Khlong Chao is a picturesque waterfall situated on the southwestern part of the island. It’s less frequented, which makes it perfect for those seeking a quiet retreat. Enjoy the cool waters and the natural beauty.
Tips for Chasing Waterfalls:
- Wear comfortable hiking shoes for the trails leading to the waterfalls, as they can sometimes be slippery and uneven.
- Pack essentials like water, sunscreen, insect repellent, and a first aid kit.
- Always follow the “Leave No Trace” principles to preserve the natural beauty of these areas.
- Check the weather conditions, especially during the rainy season, as some trails may be closed or unsafe.
Koh Chang’s waterfalls offer not only the beauty of cascading waters but also a chance to immerse yourself in the island’s lush rainforest. These natural wonders are perfect for nature enthusiasts, hikers, and anyone seeking a refreshing escape from the beach. So, when you visit Koh Chang, don’t miss the opportunity to chase these enchanting waterfalls and create lasting memories in this tropical paradise.